- a relationship in which a person, thing, or idea is linked or associated with something else.
In February 2017, I stumbled upon Your One Word and, not unlike other books* I’ve stumbled upon, it was something I knew would make an agreeable companion for my daily commute. Page after page, thought after thought, Your One Word is meant to “help you nail down your personal motto(s)—the word that captures your purpose and passion.”
After a few days of distilling, I came to realize a few things:
- I have no desire to be an entrepreneur,
- I have a great desire to help other people realize they aren’t alone in the world,
- Above all else, I crave real connection.
Connection—to me—isn’t just about a casual nod on the street. I’m talking about true, unwavering connection. The type of connection that speaks to your heart, stimulates your mind, and is felt from the curve of your ear to the tips of your toes. The type of connection that appears like a picture after all the dots are linked in numerical order.
The next question, then, is how do you embody that in a single image?
* Other serendipitous reads include:
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull
- The Celestine Prophecy
- As a Man Thinketh
- Reinventing You
- Body of Work